web page hit counter

Friday, August 12, 2005

Books!


"Whenever I have some money, I buy books. If there is any money left over, I buy food and clothes" -- Erasmus

Well, I can sympathize with Erasmus' dilemna. I love books. Well specifically, I love reading and learning, and getting my information through books is #1 for me.


It is also my preference to read through the 'printed' book. I have tried e-books, and books on CD, but I can only read on a computer screen for a short time, and listening to someone reading for me is not the best. I need to grab hold of the book, take it to all sorts of places (gym, the couch, poolside, etc.), make notes in it, etc. Most books I read look rather mangled even after just the first read (unless I am borrowing yours, then of 'course, that isn't true). :O)


The small stack of books pictured above represents my next set of reading assignments for fall semester at Criswell. Only 2 classes, but 10 books! I have a feeling there is going to be plenty of writing assignments coming....

My classes start 8/23 so I have to finish the books I am still getting through now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home