web page hit counter

Monday, October 03, 2005

Erwin Mcmanus on discipling

One of the young and very talented pastors at Fellowship Church , Steve Dilla, introduced me to Erwin McManus through his Ardent blog (thanks Steve!!).

I didn’t know too much about Erwin when Steve first posted about him, but I have now read a few of his articles now and I think he shares some great wisdom.

I like what Erwin says about humility in an article he wrote about discipling the broken:

"You can trust the heart of a person who isn't too good for any job."

Read "Broken People Can Become Whole Disciples" here, it is really good.

Chuck Swindoll has commented "a person who is humble would be surprised if you told them they were humble."

I guess this humility thing hits a nerve with me, since as Erwin points out in his article, humility is a key factor in having integrity and being trustworthy. To me, trust is the beginning of any valid relationship, be it a one-time witnessing opportunity, or making lifelong friends and aquaintances.

Also, Erwin is going to be a guest speaker at the
Catalyst 2005 conference this coming weekend. I had thought I was going to go to this, but it isn’t going to work out. With guys like Erwin McManus speaking, I am sure it is going to be an awesome conference.

Grace and peace,

1 Comments:

At 03 October, 2005 18:56, Blogger ...steven said...

Thanks for your encouragement Mark! Erwin has inspired my spiritual walk a ton. The good news is you don't have to go to Georgia to see him - he will be at C3 this year! Check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home