web page hit counter

Monday, December 12, 2005

The end is near....

Awhle back I posted about books, and how much I love reading. In my original post, I said that although I have tried e-books, and spend alot of time on the computer reading news, getting nfo, etc., I think the traditional book is still the best way to read.

Well, Mike Hyatt, President and CEO of Tommy Nelson Publishers has just posted about end times ... for the traditional book, that is.

Mike says:

"While most publishers will admit that reference content is better accessed on the computer, almost all believe that the traditional non-fiction book or novel will never be replaced with a digital equivalent. I say, “baloney.” It's coming. The sooner publishing executives get their collective heads out of the sand and face the future, the better prepared they will be to meet it."

I like Mike's vision, and if technology goes the way Mike imagines it will, I may become a fan of the e-book after all.

Read his post, The Death of Traditional Book Publishing here.

Grace and peace,

4 Comments:

At 12 December, 2005 15:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pay for really good books twice: All of my books begin life as Audible files on my iPod, and if I really enjoy the book I buy a hardcover copy of it. I rarely read the "traditional" books, but I love having them on my shelf.

 
At 12 December, 2005 15:57, Blogger Mark said...

good info...and yet one more reason why I should invest in an iPod for myself!

Thanks Jane.

 
At 16 December, 2005 06:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He took the post and comments down...scrubbed from existence, Hmmmm.....

 
At 16 December, 2005 06:37, Blogger Mark said...

hmm, that is weird.

A death to the un-traditional book post from a traditional book publisher. :O)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home