web page hit counter

Thursday, February 23, 2006

I have been to the River Nile!

The coffee shop that is…..conveniently located on Main St (Hwy 377), in Keller, TX, very near my home.  I had a raspberry / pomegranate fruit drink that was really good.

But, the best part of my visit to River Nile was the company I was with.

Today I was blessed to meet face to face with some of the men behind the blogs I read.  I am not sure how often or how soon I will get to meet with those I have learned from, respect, and am influenced by in the blogosphere, so it was truly a very special event.

I was encouraged because each one of these guys were ministry focused, very likable, and quite fun to talk with.   Thanks guys, it was time very well spent.

3 quick words to describe the most prominent things I saw in each guy from this brief get together (though there was plenty of overlap between them):

JL:  soft spoken; humorous; an encourager
JS:  lots of ideas; transparent; visionary
TC:  energetic; focused; a motivator

I am praying for each of you as you move forward in the calling God has placed in your hearts, minds and hands.

Grace and peace,

4 Comments:

At 23 February, 2006 18:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, I enjoyed our time together today. We are going to have to do it again soon. Perhaps we can have dinner at my place with the wives. You cook!!!

 
At 02 March, 2006 14:06, Blogger Ryan said...

Hey Mark, I thought I would check what's going on in your world. It is a cool concept to be able to connect with people you have gotten to know through their blogs. I would love the opportunity to do that someday. If you are ever down in Houston, give me a heads up.

 
At 02 March, 2006 21:02, Blogger jasonwsimmons said...

Mark, Toronto is in last place in the NE. Detroit is in First in the Central. We are just gearing up for a big run. The Leafs just don't need to win all the time.

 
At 03 March, 2006 05:04, Blogger Mark said...

hey Ryan, thanks for the shout, and thanks for the invitation, I will look you up whenever we make it down there. Same for the DFW area, if you pop up here for any reason, it would be great to say hello in person.

I see that you play guitar, that is too cool, I have been playing guitar for many years. There is nothing like the acoustic guitar.

Jason, you crack me up dude! What optimism! BTW, Toronto will always be one of my fave teams...how can anyone know hockey without loving any of the Original 6.

Grace and peace,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home